We Serve Our Communities and the General Public
We're Just a Phone Call Away...(704) 665-0469
NC Notary Signing Services covers an array of notarial services for the general public, organizations, businesses, and for other notaries. My goal is to help you the reader to know what we can and cannot do as a notary to help answer any questions you may have.
LIMITATIONS ON A NOTARY'S AUTHORITY
Notaries cannot perform the following acts:
- Assist persons in preparing wills, mortgages, deeds, deeds of trust, or any other legal documents.
- Provide immigration consultation.
- Provide legal advice.
- Choose the appropriate notarial certificate to be placed on a document.
Certifying a True Copy or Notarizing or Authenticating a Photograph
A notary public possesses only three powers:
- Taking acknowledgments
- Taking verifications and proofs
- Administering oaths and affirmations
A NOTARY DOES NOT HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO:
- ...certify true copies
- ...authenticate photographs
- ...or otherwise perform any other service not specifically set out by law.
GENERAL PUBLIC FEES:
- $10 is the maximum fee that can be charged per principal signature for acknowledgments, jurats, and verifications of proofs.
- $10 is the maximum fee that can be charged for oaths or affirmations without a signature.
- $15 is the maximum fee that can be charged for electronic notarizations.
- $10 and $15 applies to the above options when notaries perform an Emergency Video Notarization.
- $0.625 per mile can be can be charged if mutually agreed upon between the principal and notary in writing prior to travel.